> About Us > Programs & Organizational Charts
Programs & Organizational Charts
- Office of the Personnel Administrator (including Training & Development): has
administrative and technical responsibility for the execution of the statutory mandates of the Personnel Administrator and to administer the provisions of law, rules and regulations relating to the operation of the State's merit system. Oversees the management and administration of the in-service training program.
- Office of Classification & Examinations (including Administrative Services): Classification & Examinations provides services for all agencies and programs within State government related to the State's civil service system, job classification determinations, compensation, organizational analysis, recruitment and selection activities, etc. Administrative Services performs auditing and processing of all personnel/salary actions for all branches of government and all State agencies including but not limited to accrued hours adjustments and civil service list certifications.
- Equal Opportunity Office (including Human Resources Outreach & Diversity): issues guidelines, directives or instructions that are necessary to effectuate its responsibilities under RIGL §28-5.1 thru 28-5.1-17 and investigates claims of possible discrimination, conducts hearings and directs corrective action to remedy discrimination; enforces the RIGL 28-5.1 which prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap/disability, sexual orientation, and veteran status, in the field of employment in Rhode Island State government. Primary responsibilities for Outreach & Diversity are in the areas of providing workforce diversity analysis, developing and implementing recommendations for policy and program review and initiating, developing and implementing public awareness programs for fostering diversity in state government and the communities.
- Office of Employee Benefits: administers medical, dental and vision benefits for active and retired employees and dependents, wellness incentive credit activities, the medical and dependent care flexible spending account program, COBRA, deferred compensation and other optional benefit programs.
- Employee Services: supports the Department of Administration’s Division of Human Resources including the Human Resources Service Centers and the agencies they serve by administering the Employee Savings Bond Program, Career Awards Program, Charitable Campaigns, and by providing office management services.
- Human Resource Service Centers: Environmental Management/Transportation (DEM/DOT), General Government, Health & Human Services and Public Safety. Governor Carcieri's Executive Order 05-11 established four human resources service centers within the Department of Administration, each of which services a cluster of Executive Branch departments and agencies. Each Center is responsible for establishing and maintaining a human resources program to support the agencies in one of the following functional groupings: general government agencies; transportation/natural resources; public safety agencies; and human services agencies. Each Center is also responsible for standardizing human resources policies on a statewide basis, implementing uniform human resources practices, automating tasks, and eliminating redundant activities.
- DEM/DOT HR Service Center - Services the Departments of Environmental Management and Transportation.
- General Government HR Service Center - Services the departments of Administration, Business Regulation, Labor & Training and Revenue as well as various commissions, boards and councils.
- Health & Human Services HR Service Center - Services the Executive Office of Health & Human Services and the Departments of Children, Youth & Families, Elderly Affairs, Health, Human Services, and the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals (BHDDH).
- Public Safety HR Service Center - Services the Department of Corrections, Emergency Management Agency and the Rhode Island National Guard.