Employee Performance Development Program
The purpose of the Performance Development process is to promote better communication between supervisors and their employees, as well as to encourage professional development and growth for all state employees. Each form is customizable and allows space for the Department’s name and logo, as well as agency-specific strategic priorities. In addition to the evaluation form, supervisors and non-supervisors will be provided with lists of appropriate Core Competencies. Please note this form should not be utilized during an employee’s formal probation period.
Please select your agency's designated form from the list below (under the heading "Primary Resources") and complete the following steps:
- CLICK SAVE AS, keep the file extension and existing title (i.e. annual-performance-development-review-form-DOA.pdf)
- Add your last name, a dash, your first name, and a dash at the beginning of the form file name.
- Your file name should look like this: YourLastName-YourFirstName-annual-performance-development-review-form-DOA.pdf
- After the initial "save as," it is recommended that you use the "save" command to save the form as you work. You may leave the form and come back to work on it, just remember where you saved it in your computer.
1. The following documents require Adobe Reader or Acrobat. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html
2. Many recent browser versions include their own, native PDF plug-ins that automatically replace the Acrobat and Reader plug-in from Adobe. Using Chrome or Firefox, for instance, can result in your Adobe plug-in being disabled and replaced. Browser plug-ins typically do not support all PDF capabilities or offer comparable features. To resolve this issue, please download the form to your desktop ( Please right-click the link you wish to download and select "Save Target As.." (for Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As.." (for Firefox and Chrome) ) or visit https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-browser-plugin-configuration.html for details.
According to the State of Rhode Island Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (Chapter 42-127.1), typing your name on the forms below and submitting said form via your State sponsored email address and through our internal mail server is a legal signature.
UETA defines "electronic signature" as follows:
(8) "Electronic signature" means an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record.