Welcome to the Rhode Island Department of Administration's Division of Human Resources website. It is our goal to provide complete and accurate accessible information regarding employment with the State of Rhode Island for all interested parties including the general public, employees, supervisors and those seeking employment with RI State government. We encourage you to explore our website and hope that you find this site informative and user-friendly. If you need further information, contact us and we will make every effort to assist you.
Notice of Right to be Free from Discrimination
A new law was recently passed in Rhode Island which requires employers, both public and private, to provide reasonable accommodations to employees who have conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. Click here for further information.
What's new? To see what's new for State Employees, go to the State Employee Center »
- Visit our online application system....ApplyRI! Our job application process is automated! We do not accept paper applications. Applications must then be submitted electronically. A computer kiosk is available for you to electronically apply for available vacant positions. You will still be able to view job vacancies by visiting the Department of Labor and Training’s Employment Opportunities website at http://www.dlt.ri.gov/JobsRI/statejobs.htm or by visiting our new website at www.apply.ri.gov. For guidance on how to create a Job Interest Card, create an Account, create a Profile and search and apply for job opportunities, click here. Hard copy applications for announced Civil Service Exams will continue to be accepted until further notice.
- "Ban the Box" Legislation - to review the communication from Personnel Administrator Anthony Bucci regarding passage of this legislation and resulting changes, click here.
- Governor Gina M. Raimondo issued Executive Order 17-02, designed to enhance diversity, inclusion, equity and opportunity throughout the Executive Branch of Rhode Island State government in the areas of employment, procurement, programs, and activities.
- The Office of the General Treasurer has created a new Employee’s Guide to Understanding the Rhode Island Retirement Security Act. In it, you will find information designed to help members of the Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island understand how the new law affects them. Members may access the guide at www.ersri.org and at www.treasury.ri.gov/secure-path-ri/guide.php.
- For a guidance chart showing entitlement to longevity increases as a result of legislative changes, click here.
- Governor Gina M. Raimondo issued executive order EO 15-01 Ethics and Integrity in Government that requires all employees under his jurisdiction to abide by the Rhode Island Code of Ethics and all decisions of the Rhode Island Ethics Commission.