Welcome to the Rhode Island Department of Administration's Division of Human Resources website. It is our goal to provide complete and accurate accessible information regarding employment with the State of Rhode Island for all interested parties including the general public, employees, supervisors and those seeking employment with RI State government. We encourage you to explore our website and hope that you find this site informative and user-friendly. If you need further information, contact us and we will make every effort to assist you.
What's new? To see what's new for State Employees, go to the State Employee Center »
- The Policy on Adverse Weather Conditions and/or Other Unusual Conditions is in effect for shifts beginning at 2:52 PM on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 through Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM subject to supervisory approval. For further information and to view the policy, click here.
- "Ban the Box" Legislation - to review the communication from Personnel Administrator Anthony Bucci regarding passage of this legislation and resulting changes, click here.
- Governor Lincoln D. Chafee signed Executive Order 13-05, designed to reflect the changing demographics of Rhode Island's population through greater representation of minorities in the state workforce and minority-owned business enterprises (MBEs) in state contracts.
- Executive Order 12-02, entitled, "Recognition of Out of State Same-Sex Marriages," was signed by Governor Chafee on May 14, 2012. As such, all executive state departments, agencies, and offices shall recognize the lawful marriages of same-sex couples as valid for any purpose arising within the execution of its duties.
- The Office of the General Treasurer has created a new Employee’s Guide to Understanding the Rhode Island Retirement Security Act. In it, you will find information designed to help members of the Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island understand how the new law affects them. Members may access the guide at www.ersri.org and at www.treasury.ri.gov/secure-path-ri/guide.php.
- For a guidance chart showing entitlement to longevity increases as a result of legislative changes, go to the List of Job Titles (Pay Plans) section of Classification & Compensation.
- On January 4, 2011, Governor Lincoln Chafee issued executive order EO 11-01 Ethics and Integrity in Government that requires all employees under his jurisdiction to abide by the Rhode Island Code of Ethics and all decisions of the Rhode Island Ethics Commission.