Welcome to the Rhode Island Department of Administration's Division of Human Resources website. It is our goal to provide complete and accurate accessible information regarding employment with the State of Rhode Island for all interested parties including the general public, employees, supervisors and those seeking employment with RI State government. We encourage you to explore our website and hope that you find this site informative and user-friendly. If you need further information, contact us and we will make every effort to assist you.
Workers' Compensation Program
The Department of Administration is pleased to announce that effective May 1, 2019 Beacon Mutual Insurance Company will be the State’s third-party administrator (TPA) for our workers’ compensation program. Through this partnership, Beacon will utilize its state-of-the-art systems and seasoned, local adjusters, nurse case managers, disability managers and other claims professionals to assume the management of the State employee workers’ compensation claims. To reduce the risk of workplace injuries and afford State employees a safer working environment, Beacon will also provide extensive loss prevention and training services. Please visit the Beacon/State of RI website at: https://www.beaconmutual.com/state-of-rhode-island/
Sexual Harassment Training and Policy
The Department of Administration’s Sexual Harassment Training is available to and required of all state employees. The training is part of the State’s continuing efforts to increase awareness about sexual harassment and reporting.
Notice of Right to be Free from Discrimination
Rhode Island General Law §28-5-7.4 requires employers, both public and private, to provide reasonable accommodations to employees who have conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. Click here for further information
What's new? To see what's new for State Employees, go to the State Employee Center »
- Visit our online application system....ApplyRI! Our job application process is automated! We do not accept paper applications. Applications must be submitted electronically. A computer kiosk is available for you to electronically apply for available vacant positions. You can view job vacancies by visiting the Department of Labor and Training’s Employment Opportunities website at http://www.dlt.ri.gov/JobsRI/statejobs.htm or by visiting the ApplyRI website at www.apply.ri.gov. For guidance on how to create a Job Interest Card, create an Account, create a Profile and search and apply for job opportunities, click here. Hard copy applications for announced Civil Service Exams will continue to be accepted until further notice.
- Governor Gina M. Raimondo issued Executive Order 17-02, designed to enhance diversity, inclusion, equity and opportunity throughout the Executive Branch of Rhode Island State government in the areas of employment, procurement, programs, and activities.
- For information on retirement planning, including ERSRI’s retirement planning checklist, guidance on how to complete your retirement paperwork/forms, frequently asked questions, and more, visit www.ersri.org .
- For a guidance chart showing entitlement to longevity increases as a result of legislative changes, click here.
- Governor Gina M. Raimondo issued executive order EO 15-01 Ethics and Integrity in Government that requires all employees under her jurisdiction abide by the Rhode Island Code of Ethics and all decisions of the Rhode Island Ethics Commission.